These days it seems like everyone has a blog. As an attorney, you are probably wondering if blogging is worth the time and effort. The simple answer is YES! Blogging on a consistent basis is an easy and inexpensive way to drive more traffic to your firm’s website and obtain more clients.
There are a number of benefits to having a blog on your firm’s website. We have identified the top five.
- Increase the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) of your website. Google and other search engines reward websites for producing unique and quality content. Blogging on a consistent basis gives the search engines new content to index, which will help raise your site’s ranking over time.
- Generate new business opportunities. More consumers are turning to the Internet to find their attorney. Blogging allows you to target content specifically to the clients you want to attract. Reading your blog will give potential clients a sense of who you are and what your firm stands for.
- Establish your law firm as an industry leader. No matter the size of your law firm, you can build trust and influence within your industry by providing valuable and unique information in your blog posts. You can become a “go to” resource for helpful, informative content- even offering timely consumer alerts for your clients- which can ultimately lead to a higher client conversion rate.
- Build your brand. Personal branding is all about how you want the public to perceive you. Blogging allows you to show a more personal side of your law firm and connect with clients. Show potential clients your personality and perspective on timely legal issues relating to them.
- Opportunities to share. Every time you post a blog, you create an opportunity for a reader to share it with others- whether they “Like” it, link it, Tweet it, or email it, it’s FREE marketing. Just make sure to implement these social share buttons effectively on your blog. These need to be placed where they are going to catch the reader’s eye and make it easy to share your content. Studies show the top left portion is the most-viewed portion of a web page.
Designing custom blog sites for our clients is one of our specialties. In fact, we blog every day for some of our clients! We offer custom blogs, website redesigns and professional web solutions for every size law firm. Most of our designs are WordPress, allowing clients the ability to make changes themselves and update as needed without having to know complicated HTML code.
If you have any questions on this topic or would like to hear how the latest media, marketing and technology strategies can help grow your law firm, contact us TODAY at (954) 376-3683. Also serving Central Florida and surrounding areas at (407) 982-1707.