How to Increase Your AVVO Profile Rating
I am often surprised by the number of attorneys who choose to neglect their AVVO profiles. Every member of the Florida Bar has an AVVO profile, but it is up to you what you do with it. AVVO is a completely FREE legal directory that gives consumers access to personal legal advice from lawyers across the country. It also has a very high ranking with the major search engines. Many attorneys have benefited from using AVVO, not only with consumers but a number of our clients report gaining valuable referrals from other attorneys on the site.
Ratings are a key component to an attorney’s AVVO profile and many of our clients are surprised at just how quick (and easy) it is to go from a 6 or 7 profile rating to a 10.0 (SUPERB) rating! The key is understanding AVVO’s algorithm.
Below are some simple steps you can take to immediately increase your profile rating on AVVO:
• Complete ALL sections of your profile and keep it up to date. Include speaking engagements, articles that have been published about you, editorials you have written, committees you are a member of, awards you have received, etc. Make sure and include dates and the formal titles of these seminars, publications and accolades.
• Contribute to Q & A’s. When you answer questions on AVVO, these show up in the search results, sharing your answers with an even larger audience. Don’t have time to visit the site? You can sign up to receive emails whenever a question is asked in your particular practice area.
• Ask past clients for reviews. Not only will these reviews be displayed on your profile, they will also qualify you for awards within the site, which you can use for your promotional purposes. This week one of our clients earned the 2015 AVVO Clients’ Choice Award. In order to achieve this honor, an attorney must have received five or more exceptional client reviews within the last year.
• Request peer endorsements. The addition of peer endorsements to your AVVO profile will have an immediate effect on your rating. Last week we had a client jump from a 7.2 to a 9.0, from the addition of several peer endorsements. This is as easy as plugging in your referral attorneys’ email addresses and AVVO sends out the request for you.
• Share! To increase your online exposure, share the contributions you make to your AVVO profile on your website and blogging sites. Share these updates on your social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
If you have any questions on this topic or need assistance in raising your profile rating on AVVO, we can help! Contact Pristine PR today to hear how the latest media, marketing and technology strategies can help grow your law firm at (954) 376-3683. Also serving Central Florida and surrounding areas at (407) 982-1707.