11 Tips to Increase your Firm’s Google Ranking
Most consumers use Google to search for an attorney in the practice area of their legal need. Whether they type in Miami Bankruptcy Attorney, Orlando Personal Injury Attorney, Fort Myers Medical Malpractice Attorney, you may have a problem if your page is nowhere to be found.
Below are 11 tips on how to increase your firm’s Google ranking.
1. Create ‘Forever’ Content – It is important that your content is and will always be relevant. Your content is perhaps the most important tool you have to help boost your Google ranking. You should research relevant keyword phrases so that your content is strong and forever useful.
2. Frequently Audit Your Online Profiles – Each week, take a moment to check both your personal and your firm’s social media profiles. All of your information should be up-to-date and correct to avoid confusion. Staying current on your social media will also pave the way for an easy call-to-action for potential clients.
3. Think Like Your Clients Type – As an attorney, you may use different jargon or terms than your potential clients. When posting to social media, creating website content or writing a blog, make sure you are using terms your clients would use to search for your services. It can be something as simple as the term “attorney” vs. the term “lawyer.”
4. Hire an Expert – Likely you are too busy to keep up with the latest trends in SEO and Google rankings. Hire an SEO specialist to stay current on the latest trends.
5. Guest Post – Guest posting is a great way to build backlinks to your website or blog. Submit guest posts to blogs that are relevant to your areas of practice.
6. Content and Links – Content and hyperlinks are extremely important to boosting your site’s SEO. Google loves links, especially those from other relevant websites. Use as many links in your content as you can.
7. Use Videos – Videos are extremely important to connecting with potential clients before you actually meet them. Create a YouTube profile for your firm and film videos of you talking about your practice areas and issues that are relevant to your clients. Use video technology to address FAQ’s. You can also add these to your website and all of your social media profiles.
8. Update Your Site Frequently – The more you post, the better your SEO will be. Google tracks how frequently sites are updated and will recognize you as a great source of information the more you post.
9. Tag Relevant Articles – Stay informed with news and updates affecting your areas of practice. If there are news articles relevant to your practice, write about them and then tag articles with additional information.
10. Stay Away from Flash Sites – You may be tempted to use a flash site for your firm because they appear modern and are relatively inexpensive; however, flash sites do not rank very high with Google. Google prefers platforms such as WordPress.
11. Take Advantage of Local Search – Claim all of your firm listings on Google, Yahoo!, Bing, Yellowpages, Yelp and any other local search sites. These sites rank extremely high with the search engines and might be the first thing a potential client sees when they type in your firm’s name.
At Pristine PR, our content writers conduct thorough research to determine the best keyword phrases that will improve our clients’ ranking in the search engines. Our writers are experts at driving traffic to each of our clients’ blogs and websites. If you have any questions on this topic or would like to hear how the latest media, marketing and technology strategies can help grow your law firm, contact an experienced Orlando public relations firm at (407) 982-1707. Also serving South Florida and surrounding areas at (954) 376-3683.
Related Resources: http://mashable.com/2012/01/09/increase-google-rank/